
So its not the greatest quality- I had to take a picture of a picture because it was too big for my scanner, but I love the Charlie Brown Christmas special! The dancing scene on the stage is classic- I put Keri and I in there dancing around just for kicks. I might as well say, for my own record, that I love Christmas. And it is thanks to my parents who made it that way for us kids. I have very clear memories of playing hide and seek in Christmas tree lots with my siblings, door-bell ditching different people with treats for the 12 days of Christmas (and getting yelled at by neighbors who thought we were stealing decorations), and hearing Anne Murray and the Carpenters while my parents wrapped presents on Christmas eve.
I also wanted to draw this because I love the Vince Guaraldi jazz album that was the soundtrack to this Christams special. My Grandma, along with this album, were the things that really got me into liking Jazz.
Also- Its been years and years since I've done any real painting- and I have to say it was really fun. Wait, what? This post was sappy and TMI? meh. probably.
No comments:
Post a Comment